Birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions – all great reasons to give gifts to the special people in your life! Why not bypass the gift wrap and make your own papercraft gift box with a lid?
Handmade, personal and ready to hold your gifts, treats or party favours, a box is a great papercraft project for all abilities. Just follow our simple step-by-step instructions!
We’ve used the Nature’s Garden Wisteria collection, filled with botanical beauty and the charm of a summer’s day this papercraft range is perfect for elegant, feminine makes.
You will need:
- Nature’s Garden Wisteria:
- Centura Pearl Fresh White A3 Card
- Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick-Dry Dye Inkpad – Crushed Velvet
- Spectrum Noir Harmony Water Reactive Ink – Crushed Velvet
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Foam Pads 2mm and 3mm depth
- Red Liner Tape 3mm, 6mm and 12mm width
- Die-cutting machine
- Cut a piece of Centura Pearl Fresh White to 9 7/8” x 9 7/8”.
- Score at 2” on all four sides and cut into where the score lines cross in the corners as shown .
- Cut 4 pieces of purple linen card to 1 ¾” x 5 5/8”.
- Glue one to each of the 4 box sides.
- Using red-liner tape on the 4 tabs, fold together and construct the box base.
- Cut a piece of Centura Pearl to 6” x 6”.
- Cut a piece of purple linen card to 5 ¾” x 5 ¾”
- Cut a sheet of patterned paper to 5 ½” x 5 ½”
- Layer up the purple card and patterned paper and attach to the box lid as shown.
- Cut a piece of vellum to 3 ¾” x 3”. Adhere to the centre of the box lid using red-liner tape.
- Die-cut the birdcage twice – once from Centura Pearl and once from purple card.
- After die-cutting from Centura Pearl, ink through the die before you remove it from the card.
- Then, add some ink around the edges of the die-cut once the die has been removed.
- Layer the the purple behind the Centura Pearl die-cut, offsetting it slightly to create a drop shadow effect.
- Glue the finished piece onto the centre of the vellum on the box lid.
- Follow the instructions with the Decoupage Topper Pad to add some decoupage flowers to the top left-hand side of the box lid (using foam pads to layer the decoupage pieces together).
- Use Tacky Glue to apply highlights of Petal Powder to the flowers.
- Stamp your chosen sentiment onto a piece of Centura Pearl cut to 1” x 2”.
- Ink the edges, layer onto a piece of purple card cut to 1 ¼” x 2 ¼”. and use foam pads to stick to the bottom right-hand corner of the box lid.
- Cut 2 pieces of Centura Pearl to 2 ½” x 12 ¼”.
- Score each piece at ½” on the short side and ¼” and 6” on the long side.
- Snip into the corners of the tabs as shown.
- Using the Trailing Wisteria, die-cut into each of the four box side sections, snipping into the designs as needed to remove the excess card.
- Ink the edges and then, using red-liner tape onto the small ¼” side tab, adhere the 2 pieces together so that it forms one continuous piece with the 4 die-cuts in a row.
- Use red-liner tape stick the long tabs on the box sides to the inside of the lid. Form the 4 box sides into one continuous piece by applying red-liner tape to the other small ¼” side tab.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion