Filled with shimmering sequins, Shaker Cards are a fun way to make someone’s special day even more fun!
But why restrict yourselves to cards when you can scatter sequins inside so many papercraft creations? Take a look at this simple guide to crafting a beautiful Butterfly Shaker Box made with the Gemini Shaped Shaker Card Collection. And as an added bonus there are dies to cut out your own sequins so you can have as many as you want- unlimited sparkle!
You will need:
- Gemini Hello Beautiful Stamp & Die Set
- Gemini Sparkle and Shake Die Set
- Crafter’s Companion Spring Fever 8″ x 8″ Paper Pad
- Crafter’s Companion White Multi-Purpose Card
- Crafter’s Companion A5 Heavyweight Acetate
- Masquerade Ball Luxury Mixed A4 Cardstock
- Pink card
- Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick-Dry Inkpad – Jet Black
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Red Liner Tape
- Foam Tape
- Cut two pieces of white card to measure 2″ x 7.75″. Score at 1.25″ on all four sides. Score one piece on the Box Lid side of the Crafter’s Companion Boxer Board and score the other piece on the Box Base side. Cut notches at the scored corners as shown.
- Cut pieces of pink card to measure:
- 5″ x 6.25″
- Two pieces 1″ x 5″
- Two pieces” x 1″ x 6.25″
- Cut patterned paper to measure:
- 5″ x 6″
- Two pieces 0.75″ x 4.75″
- Two pieces 0.75″ x 6″
- Glue the patterned pieces to the pink pieces to create mats and layers.
- Cut a patterned paper panel measuring 6.25″ x 5″. Glue to the inside of the box base.
- Take the butterfly die from the Hello Beautiful Stamp & Die set and use your Gemini die cutting machine to cut the design into the centre of the box lid and attach a piece of acetate behind.
- Use the butterfly die to cut another aperture into the centre of the largest piece of layered pink card and patterned paper. Line up with the butterfly cut out on the box lid and attach. Glue the four box side panels onto the lid.
- Die cut the butterfly frame from pink patterned paper. Add acetate behind.
- Use the Sparkle and Shake die shape to cut out gold sequins using the Luxury Card pad. Put over the aperture and use foam pads to adhere the butterfly shape over the top so the sequins are secure inside.
- Die cut the banner shape from Crafter’s Companion White Multi-Purpose Card and stamp your chosen sentiment onto the banner. Add to the box as shown using foam tape. Construct the box lid and base using red-liner tape on the tabs.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Shaped Shaker Card creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion