Bring the magic of Christmas to life with the Scenes of Light Collection from Gemini! This collection invites you to create cards that quite literally glow with festive warmth and joy.
The stamp & die sets in this range are designed to create 3D pop-out scenes – with spaces perfectly sized to hold LED lights. So you can shine light through the cut-out details and add some magical atmosphere to your Christmas cards!
In this post we’ll show you how you can Craft a Christmas to create beautiful Scenes of Light cards to dazzle friends and family!
Each set includes two perfectly sized dies for the outer frame and one Edge’able die, to create a 3D pop-out scene in the centre of your card base. Then all you need to do is pop your LED light inside the pop-out section and watch as the house windows begin to glow, characters transform into silhouettes and your scene is brought to life.
You can use a small string of LED fairy lights, or a LED tealight to add stunning and safe light to your creations.
How to create a Scenes of Light card:
With the Gemini Scenes of Light Collection you can create Christmas cards that will make any festive display shine bright!
And they’re remarkably straightforward to create for crafters of all abilities – so get ready to shine bright with your cardmaking creations this Christmas!
How to create a Scenes of Light card:
- Choose two pieces of cardstock in contrasting colours and cut them into 6″ x 12″ pieces
- Take one piece of cardstock and using a Scoring Tool, score at 3″, 6″ and 9″ along the longer side. Fold and burnish, this will form your front panel
- Take the second piece of cardstock and score down the centre at 6″ along the longer side. Fold and burnish, this will form the back panel
- Take the frame die from your chosen Gemini Scenes of Light Stamp & Die set, cut this frame into the two central panels of your first piece of card by running it through your die cutting machine
- The bottom of the frame should still be attached to the card, as in this image:
- Using the two smaller dies included in your set, complete the cut out of the frame, ensuring the notices on the side of each die line up with the bottom of the frame. Run this through your die cutting machine to create two aperture in your front panel as in this image:
- Take a third piece of cardstock in the same colour as your front panel. Cut it to a 6″ x 6″ shape, this will form the second layer in your 3D scene
- Take the longer Edge’able die from your set and place in on your piece of cardstock. Use the front panel as a guide for where you would like it to be placed.
- Once you have your placement set, stick into place with Low Tack Tape and run through your die cutting machine
- Score down the centre of this die-cut piece of cardstock
- It’s time to assemble your Scenes of Light card! Take your back panel piece of card and adhere it to the second layer piece using strong adhesive – make sure the score lines line up!
- Take the front panel and adhere to the back panel – so the middle panel is sandwiched in between!
- Decorate your card with embellishments and sentiment stamps – and you’re ready to pop an LED light inside to illuminate your creativity!
Scenes of Light Stamp & Die Sets
There are festive and every day designs included in the Gemini Scenes of Light Collection – so you can keep shining on all year round! Let’s take a look at the full range:
The Wise Men of Light set includes 6 stamps and dies to recreate the journey of the 3 Wise Men to Bethlehem with intricate palm trees, an atmospheric setting and of course, the shining star.
The Rooftops of Light set includes 6 stamps and dies to create a classic Christmas scene of Santa and his reindeer flying through the night sky, and you can choose the setting from a city skyline to a single house – to create perfectly personalised cards.
The Nativity of Light set includes 7 stamps and dies to create a traditional Christmas Nativity scene, complete with a stable, Shepherds, Wise Men and a shining star.
The Village of Light set includes 5 stamps and dies to create your own community, complete with a sweet row of houses, larger house and a stable and horse – all it needs is that little shining light to make this setting extra warm and welcoming!
The Fairies of Light set includes 5 stamps and dies to create a magical glade, filled with toadstool, flowers a fairy house – and of course a magical little fairy! A glimmer of light will add for an extra sprinkle of fairydust to bring the magic to life!
We can’t wait to see what you make with the Gemini Scenes of Light Collection!
There’s so much going on at Crafter’s Companion for Craft a Christmas! To find out more check out our Craft a Christmas web page and follow us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US And don’t forget to share your festive makes using the hashtags #craftachristmas and #crafterscompanion.