Whether it’s a birthday bash, a special anniversary, a Valentines message or just because you’re thinking of them – when you craft a card for family and friends there’s always a sentiment behind it.
Now, you can put that thoughtful sentiment front and centre with the fantastic Shaped Word collection! With this range, it’s all about the message with sets to create word-shaped card bases. Let’s take a look…
There are five die sets on offer – meaning there’s a Shaped Word card for any occasion. Choose from Love, Happy, Friend, Hello and Thanks – each set includes two dies to cut out your shaped card – the top of the word doesn’t cut away, forming a sweet tent-fold card base!
And if that wasn’t enough – there’s an accompanying range of stencils and a Celebration Sentiments 20pc stamp set, specially designed to work with the Shaped Word dies to add colour, texture and flair to your creations!
How to Create a Shaped Word Card
These cards really stand out from the crowd, and there’s so much opportunity to let your own creativity and flair shine! But the card itself really couldn’t be simpler to make, so fire up your die-cutting machines and get ready for some cardmaking fun!
- Create a card base large enough for the outer frame die from your die set
- You will notice that the outer frame die does not have cutting lines at the top of the design
- Place the die over your card base, ensuring that the section without cut lines, overlaps the fold of your card base
- Secure in place with low tack tape and run through your die-cutting machine
- You will now have created a card base in the shape of your chosen sentiment
- Use the sentiment die to then create a matt and layer effect on top of your card base
- Place your chosen stencil over the top of your shaped word and use a Spectrum Noir inkpad to add colour and pattern to your sentiment!
- Top Tip – use 3D Foam Tape/Pads to really make your sentiment pop!
Here’s the full range of accompanying Crafter’s Companion Stencils you can choose from!
- Confetti Hearts
- Scattered Dots
- Botanical Garden
- Rick Rack
- Stars and Spots
If stencilling isn’t your thing why not layer up patterned paper to create an elegant and colourful effect? And the Celebration Sentiments stamp set includes 20 stamps, with a range of sentiments so you can personalise your project for all kinds of occasions!
There’s a whole world of different colour combinations and effects waiting to be discovered with the Shaped Word Collection! And you can also use the dies and stencils to create card and scrapbook centrepieces, or even home decor – take a look at a few finished Shaped Word creations below and start planning your next card!
We hope this post has given you a little taste of the amazing die-cut looks you can create with the Shaped Word collection!