Happy International Quilting Day! This is a day that we absolutely love because it gives us the perfect excuse to sort through our scraps, treat ourselves to some new needlecraft products and start new projects. To celebrate, we’re sharing this fabulous Threaders Bee Happy zip pouch project, which is so simple to create. Check out the step-by-step instructions below or click here to watch Katy Jones’ video tutorial.
You will need:
- Threaders Bee Happy fabrics – metres or fat quarters
- Chocolate Zips on a Roll
- Wadding scraps (around a half metre piece total)
- Crafter’s Companion Stick and Spray for Fabric
- Threaders Erasable Fabric Pens
- 9″ x 11″ piece from outer fabric, lining fabric and wadding x 1
- 3″ x 11″ piece from outer fabric 2, lining and wadding x 1
- 11″ x 11″ piece of backing fabric, lining and wadding x 1
- A zip at least 12″ long
Layer and quilt the front bottom section, front top section and back.
Trim the front top to 2.5″ x 10.5″. Trim the front bottom to 8.5″ x 10.5″. Trim the back to 10.5″ wide x 11″ tall.
Add a zip to the bottom front. Overlap each end.
Press and top stitch in place.
Line up the front top and add zip. Press and top stitch. Make sure the zip is halfway open.
Trim off the excess zip.
Lay the front on back, linings facing. Sew around with 1/8″ seam allowance.
Make the binding from 2″ strips and add like you would to a quilt.
Finish by hand or by machine.
Make sure you share photos of your finished Bee Happy zip pouch with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.