Craft your own customised puzzle with the Gemini Junior
We love cardmaking, scrapbooking and all kinds of papercraft, but did you know you can do so much more with Gemini Machines?
For example, creating customised puzzles! The Gemini Junior will cut through mountboard, vinyl and multiple layers of fabric at the touch of a button. Less time cutting out by hand and more time getting creative with new projects!
Can’t wait to get started? We don’t blame you! Just follow this easy guide to create your own fun jigsaw puzzle and gift box with the Gemini Junior. (We’ll also be trying out a bit of embossing!)
The lovely Lilly Fletcher is the talent behind this clever craft project and step-by-step guide. You may have seen Lilly Fletcher crafting away on Crafter’s TV, she also works hard behind the scenes as a Crafter’s Companion team member!
You will need:
❀ Gemini Junior Die Cutting Machine
❀ Gemini Multimedia Die - Balloon Jigsaw
❀ Gemini Inverted Stitched ZigZag Rectangle dies
❀ Gemini Mini die – Happy Birthday
❀ Crafter’s Companion Mountboard
❀ Centura Pearl Fresh White Card
❀ Crafter’s Companion Pick N Mix 8” x 8” paper pad
❀ Crafter’s Companion Mixed Sequin pack – Iridescent Diamond
❀ Embossing folder - we’ve used one with a spotty design!
❀ Crafter’s Companion A5 Heavyweight Acetate
❀ Two printouts of a favourite photograph, image or message for your jigsaw
1. First we’re going to make the box lid and base. Cut two pieces of white card to measure 9.5” x 8”.
2. Use the Box Lid side of the Boxer Board and score one piece of card at 1 ¼”. Use the Box Base side to score the other piece of card at 1 ¼”.
3. Add Red Liner Tape to the tabs and fold up to build your box base and lid.
4. Time to try embossing! Cut a piece of 6.5” x 5” white card, choose your embossing folder and follow the instructions included with your Gemini Junior to emboss a design. We’ve chosen a dotty pattern for this make but you can create whatever you like!
5. Glue your embossed card piece to the box lid.
6. Now to create the stepped frame effect known as matting. Take your patterned paper and cut two pieces measuring 1” x 6.75” and two pieces measuring 1” x 5.25”. Glue to the sides of your box lid.
7. Cut a piece of patterned paper to measure 6.75” x 5.25”. Follow your Gemini Junior instructions to die cut the Rectangle Frame die into the centre of the patterned paper. Layer with a sheet of acetate cut to fit.
8. Pour out some sequins onto the top of your box lid, lay the frame with acetate layer on top and secure into place with foam tape, keeping the sequins inside to form a fun shaker lid!
9. Take your chosen photographs, images or message for the jigsaw and glue onto separate pieces of mountboard.
10. Use the Balloon Jigsaw die to cut out each using your Gemini machine.
11. Take one finished die-cut jigsaw and separate into pieces. Add tape to the second to keep it together and attach to the box lid as a decoration.
12. Die cut your birthday sentiment onto patterned paper three times and stick together.
13. Cut a piece of white card to 2 ¼” x 1 ¼”, layer onto a piece of patterened paper measuring 2 ½” x 2 ½”. Stick Happy Birthday sentiment onto this panel and attach to box lid with foam tape. Decorate with ribbon bow.
14. Fill the box with your separate jigsaw pieces and your gift is ready to send!
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Gemini machine creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion