Watch Along Wednesday - Shaker Card Stamp and Dies
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Welcome back to another very exciting Watch Along Wednesday! Today, we’ve got a ridiculously fun video for you to enjoy, which features our amazing Shaker Card Stamp and Dies! These sets promise to add an element of amusement to all of your cards, so to put a smile on your recipients’ faces, take a look at David’s demo!
Shaker cards feature a 3D element on the front, which usually has a piece of acetate over an opening that is filled with confetti, beads, glitter or sequins. This gives them a lively edge, so they’re great for birthdays and parties, as well as weddings, anniversaries and baby showers.
In David’s demo, he uses the Hip Hip Hooray set to create a gorgeous birthday card that would go down a storm with kids. Just take a look at the incredible, bright colours he uses!
In each set, you will receive the shape dies for the centrepiece, plus several other dies to create confetti or embellishments. To put the card together, all you need to do is:
- Place your base die on to your cutting plate with the blades facing upwards. Add your chosen card on top, followed by another cutting plate, then roll this through your Gemini
- Place the base die and the smaller frame die on to your cutting plate with the blades facing upwards. Add your chosen card on top, followed by another cutting plate, then roll this through your Gemini
- Place the smaller frame die on to your cutting plate with the blades facing upwards. Add your acetate on top, followed by another cutting plate, then roll this through your Gemini
- Adhere your acetate to your frame, then use foam pads to create a wall all around the edge of the frame. Fill the space in between with beads or sequins, then adhere your base on top.
- Flip the shaker over and adhere it to your card project!
If you love the look of the Hip Hip Hooray set, we’re certain you’ll love the others in the range too! Take a look at the images below for even more inspiration.
Other products featured
- 13″ x 19″ Glass Cutting Mat
- Textured Cardstock Brights
- Small Guillotine
- Gemini die-cutting machine
- 9″ x 12″ Acetate Pack
- Double-sided Foam Sheets
- Chloe Sparkelicious in Frozen
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pokey Tool
- Harmony Water Reactive Dye Inkpads in Holly Leaf, Lemon Tonic, Fuchsia and Frozen Lake
- Clear Rock-a-Blocks
- Extra Strong Permanent Glue Tape Pen
We’ll meet you back here next Wednesday for another fabulous installment of Watch Along Wednesday, where David will be demonstrating our fabulous Background Layering Stamps! In the meantime, make sure you share your Shaker Card Stamp and Die creations with us on social, using the #WatchAlongWed hashtag!