Technique Tuesday- Getting the most from your Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Rebecca.Whitehead
Join us for ‘Technique Tuesday’ where we’re giving you hints and tips to learn something new. Read on to see how to get the most from your Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens!
- You can easily drag a darker colour using a paintbrush, clear or coloured sparkle pen to create a seamless blend. Blending with sparkle pens avoids loss of glitter.
- Watercolour card allows your colours to blend even easier as the colours don’t soak into the drawing like on normal cardstock. Try blending contrasting colours on watercolour to see what difference it makes.
- Velum can also take your blending to the next level. You are able to add and remove colour as well as blend at your own pace due to it not drying out quickly. Always remember to set aside to dry to avoid smudging.
- When blending with paintbrushes, add a little water to drag out your colour. It’s easier to add small bits of water each time than take away pools of unwanted moisture.
Tip; After blending with your clear sparkle pen, please remember to scribble the excess colour of the nib when changing colours to avoid any transfer of unwanted colour onto your project.
Check out this video tutorial for more!