Signature Collection Traditional Christmas Card Tutorial
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Sara.Davies
I’ve been getting so many fantastic comments from you about my new collection I thought I’d show you a fab card idea using the new Christmas Bells and Festive Greetings die that I just demonstrated on my 12pm show!I hope you’ve been enjoying my tutorials…I love making step by step blogs for you guys and seeing what you create! I love to get even more inspiration from you guys…so keep them coming!
1. Half fold the front of an A6 card blank. Next, place Christmas bells die onto the inside left hand panel, so when folded back, creates a gatefold card. While die is still attached to card, transfer distress ink aged mahogany through the die. I have to admint – the Gemini has been a life saver when doing my TV Show samples…the new dies are so detailed only the gemini would have cut them all in the short space of time I had!
2. Trim resist card from luxury paper pad to 5 1/2″ square, then transfer distress ink all over the image, buff with a dry cloth, then affix to the inside of the card.
3. Trim red card 5 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ then affix to the right side of card front….I used some card I found in my craft room but you could use any design or colour for yours!
4. Trim a small piece of silver mirri card from my Signature Collection, then place over the bells on the Christmas bells die, die-cut, then snip the bells out using small scissors. Apply stick it to the back of silver mirri card, the die-cut sentiment.
5. Affix Sentiment and bells onto card, tie a bow using the red ribbon, then affix to card to finish.
I loved doing this card…..there are so many ways to use the new dies and sentiments…I could have gone on for hours!
Happy Crafting! Love Sara xxx