Share the love with sentiment stamps
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Sending a card to a loved one is a meaningful way to remind them that you are thinking of them. What can make this even more special is when that card has been handmade and includes a personalised sentiment that really shows you care.
With a variety of clear acrylic stamps available here at Crafter’s Companion, you can send your thoughts and love to friends and family on any occasion.
Looking for inspiration? Follow our step-by-step guide below to create your own sentiment card.
What you’ll need:
We’ve used the following products to create our sentiment card. You can choose any from our wide variety of tools and products to match your theme or occasion.
- White Multi-Purpose Card
- 12 x 12 Paper Pad
- Crafter’s Companion Quirky Sentiment Stamps Collection
- Nesting Dies
- Stamping Platform
- Crafters Companion Professional Stamping Mat
- Spectrum Noir – Harmony Quick Dry Inkpad (We’ve used Jet Black)
- Foam Pads 12mm x 6mm x 3mm
- Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Floral Papercraft Die
- Crafter’s Companion Moulding Ball Tool
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Crafters Companion The Scoremaster Scoring Board
- Crafters Companion Double-Ended Scoring Tool
- Glue Tape Pen
- Flip your stamping platform, so the feet are pointing upwards and arrange your stamp in the centre – it should cling to the surface. Take your Jet Black Harmony Inkpad and dab across the stamp design, making sure it’s fully covered.
- Gently turn the stamping platform onto its right side and position the feet above your white card. Press down with even pressure across the platform. Release the pressure to raise the stamp from the card and reveal your finished design.
- After leaving to dry, arrange the smallest nesting die on top of the stamp design and die cut.
- Die cut a sheet of patterned paper using the medium nesting die. Then with the largest nesting die, cut two sheets of white card.
- Score one of the white die-cuts about 1 cm from the edge. Then, using a tape pen, glue the scored tab to the matching white die cut – this becomes your card base.
- Mat and layer the patterned paper die-cut piece to the front of your handmade card base.
- Attach the stamped sentiment on top of the patterned paper using foam pads.
- Create and add any additional embellishments to your finished card.
Your card is now complete and ready to send to your chosen recipient.
We love seeing your crafts! Share them with us on Social Media using the hashtag #crafterscompanion or tag us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or TikTok!