Make Christmas Decorations using Sara's Scandinavian Christmas range
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Rebecca.Whitehead
You will need:Sara Signature Scandinavian Christmas Nordic Bird dieSara Signature Scandinavian Christmas Love Birds dieSara Signature Scandinavian Christmas Bakers TwineThreaders Felt Bundle – NaturalsThreaders Felt Bundle – BrightsStick and Stay for FabricThreaders Erasable Fabric PenToy StuffingRed and White Embroidery ThreadButton
- Lay the Love Birds die on a folded piece of card and draw a line approximately 1.5cm from the edge. Cut out with the card still folded to give you a heart shape template.
- Use the template to draw around onto red and white felt using an Erasable Fabric pen. Draw two on the red felt and two on the white felt.
- Die-cut two pieces of white felt using the Love Birds die and two pieces of red felt using the Nordic Bird die.
- Lay the die-cut felt on scrap paper and spray with Stick and Stay for Fabric.
- Iron the die-cuts to the felt hearts. Any marks from the Erasable Fabric pen will be removed and the die-cuts will be adhered to the hearts.
- Pin the two red and two white hearts together with the die-cuts on the outside. Sew around the edges with a blanket stitch using 3 strands of embroidery thread. Sew most of the way around the heart then stuff with toy filling. Finish stitch around the heart.
- Sew a length of Bakers Twine through the top of the hearts to hang then from. Tie the loose ends together so the hearts hang at different lengths.
- Tie a bow from the Bakers Twine and sew to the knot. Thread Twine through a button and sew this on top of the bow to finish.