How to use gilding flakes with stamps
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
If you’re looking for a simple, quick and effective way to add a shine to your papercraft projects then look no further! Gilding flakes are a fantastic way to add a metallic shimmer to any craft and when used with the Spectrum Noir Gilding Flakes Toolkit and your favourite clear stamp, you can create a beautiful shimmering design in seconds.
Follow our tutorial below to create your own.
You will need:
- Spectrum Noir Gilding Flakes Toolkit
- 1pc Black Multi-Purpose Card
- 1 Clear Stamp
- Crafter’s Companion Rock-a-Block
- Spectrum Noir Gilding Flakes
Creating your image
- Set up your workstation with a piece of black multi-purpose card, your Rock-a-Block and your clear stamp.
- Stick your stamp of choice to your Rock-a-Block, with the flat side against the stamping block, leaving the raised side up.
- Take your Gilding Flakes Toolkit and apply the liquid glue to the dry inkpad. Dab this over the raised pattern of your stamp until it is evenly covered.
- Using your Rock-a-Block, carefully stamp your image onto your black card, leaving behind a crisp clear glue design.
- Take your Gilding Flakes and spread these evenly over the entire glue design. With the sponge included in your toolkit, lightly wipe away any excess flakes until you’re left with a beautiful shimmery stamped image!
It really is that simple! Add a touch of glamour to your next papercraft project and share with us on Social Media! Post and use the hashtag #crafterscompanion, or tag us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or TikTok.