How to make your own party favour bags
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
When you’re hosting or attending a party, gifts are always involved somewhere. What makes these gifts even more special, is when they have a personal touch added to them.
If you’re throwing your own party, why not create your own party favour bags to treat your guests, with your best wishes showing on the bag itself?
Follow our step-by-step guide below to get creative with your party bags!
You will need:
- Stamp and Die Set – We’ve used ‘Celebrate with Style’
- 1pc White Multipurpose Card – Measuring 8 x 6”
- Crafter’s Companion Stamping Platform
- Spectrum Noir Inkpad – We’ve used the shade ‘Crushed Velvet’
- Craft Tape
- Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- 1 Small Paper Bag
- Patterned Paper Pad of choice
- Sticky Foam Pads
- Crafter’s Companion Tape Pen
Creating your sentiments
- Take your sentiment stamp, stamping platform, ink pad and white multi-purpose card. Stick your acrylic stamp to your platform and with your inkpad, dab it generously onto your stamp until the ink covers the sentiment.
- Pick up your stamping platform and use this as a guide when placing your stamp onto your card. When you’ve found the right spot, press down firmly until you’ve left with a crisp stamped sentiment.
- With your scissors, cut around the stamped sentiment so you have a small rectangle shape. Place the accompanying metal die over the stamped image and secure this in place with craft tape. Pass this through your Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine until you’re left with a perfectly cut out sentiment.
- Repeat the process with the second stamp, and cut this out with its accompanying die too, until you’re left with two perfect sentiments that fit together. We’ve used the words ‘Celebrate’ and ‘with style’
- Take a small plain brown paper craft bag and a sheet from your chosen patterned paper pad. Cut your paper piece so it’s slightly smaller than the front of the bag and adhere it to the bag using your Tape Pen.
- Grab your die-cut sentiments and apply your foam pads to the back. Peel off the backing and stick this onto your craft bag so you now have a beautiful party favour bag with a personalised message!
Your bag is now complete and ready to be filled with your favourite items!