How to make a floral embossed ombre card
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Summer is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with bright colours, sunset inspired shades and sentiments that shine.
Using a combination of embossing folders, ink pads and gilding wax, you can create a card that stands out from the crowd, no matter the occasion!
Follow our step-by-step guide below to create a floral embossed ombre card of your own.
You will need:
We have used the following products, however you can use any colours or alternatives from our wide range of papercraft supplies to suit your theme and project.
- White Multi-purpose Card
- 12 x 12 Paper Pad
- Crafter’s Companion Rounded Corner Punch
- 6×6 Embossing Folder with Stamp & Die – Celebrate
- Water Reactive Inkpads (We’ve used the Spectrum Noir Lemon Tonic, Honey Pot and Orange for the ombre background and Flagstone for the sentiment stamp )
- Spectrum Noir Ink Dauber
- Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Gold Gilding Wax (We’ve used the Pebeo Gilding Wax Empire Gold)
- Crafters Companion Rock-a-Blocks
- Glue Tape Pen
- Foam on a Roll
- Flower and Ribbon Embellishments
- Collall 3D Glue Gel
- Using a Spectrum Noir Ink Dauber, add a blend of Lemon Tonic, Honey Pot and Orange inkpads to your 6” x 6” sheet of card, then leave it to dry.
- Place your inked card base into the embossing folder and emboss through your Gemini machine.
- With your fingertip add a touch of Gold Gilding Wax to the embossed design of the card and blend onto the card with a tissue.
- Cut a strip of white card and add an ombré blend of Lemon Tonic, Honey Pot and Orange inkpads using the ink daubers, then leave to dry.
- Arrange the banner die onto the strip of the inked card and die cut.
- Using a Rock-a-Block stamper and Flagstone inkpad, stamp the sentiment onto the banner.
- Add the embossed design to your card base using a Glue Tape Pen, and use a strip of Foam on a Roll to the back of the banner to arrange on the card.
- Use Collall to add any additional die-cut embellishments to your card.