How to create a cute character card
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
If you’re looking to create an adorable handmade card for a loved one or animal lover, but not sure where to start then worry no further! The Gemini Cute Character Stamp & Die Sets are perfect for all ages, whether you’re sending birthday wishes to your niece or grandchild or your thoughts to a friend.
To create your own cute character card, follow our steps below.
You will need the following:
- Gemini Cute Character Stamp & Die Set
- Circle metal die
- Crafters Companion The Scoremaster Scoring Board
- White multi-purpose Card (3pc)
- Coloured multi-purpose card (1pc) (we’ve used orange, but you can use any colour to match)
- Crafter’s Companion Tape Pen
- Glitter card (1pc)
- Craft tape
- Crafter’s Companion Rock-a-Block
- Spectrum Noir Ink Pad
- Black multi-purpose card (1pc)
- Embellishments (we’ve used a small bow!)
Creating your card:
1. Take your Scoremaster Scoring Board and a piece of white multi-purpose card measuring 6 x 6”.
2. With the scoring tool, score down the middle of your card at 3” and fold in half.
3. Take a piece of coloured card measuring roughly 3 x 1.5” and using your tape pen, stick this to half of your folded white card.
4. Repeat the process with a piece of glitter card measuring slightly smaller at 2.5 x 1”, adhering this to the coloured card so you have a layer of white, coloured and glitter card.
5. Take a second piece of white multi-purpose card measuring 2.5 x 1” and your circle die, stick the die in place on the card with craft tape and pass this through your Gemini Die Cutting Machine.
6. Repeat this process twice until your have 3 perfect die cut circles.
7. Grab your tape pen and apply the tape around the circles, then stick this onto your glitter card so your die cut circles are now showing the glitter piece.
8. Take a third piece of white card measuring 8 x 4”, your Gemini Cute Character Stamps and Rock-a-Block, sticking the stamps to the block.
9. Dab your inkpad generously onto the stamps until fully covered and with your Rock-a-Block, roll onto your card leaving your adorable designs perfected printed.
10. Take the matching metal dies to your stamps and place these over the stamped images, securing with craft tape if necessary and pop this through your Die Cutting Machine to reveal your die cut images.
11. Using Spectrum Noir Classique Markers, decorate your cute characters in your favourite colours
12. Repeat the process with your chosen sentiment stamp and then cut this into a small square using a guillotine.
13. Stick this to a small piece of black card and trim this again with your guillotine.
14. Take your die-cut characters, sentiment and your card from earlier. Stick the sentiment in the middle, with a character either side and add your embellishment of choice.
Your gorgeous cute character card is now complete!
Did you get creative with your character card? Show us! We love seeing your craft projects on social media. Simply tag us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or TikTok or use the hashtag #crafterscompanion on your post.