How to craft your own Cute Character Box Cards
- Read time: 4 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Do you want to make your card quite literally stand out? Well now you can with the Gemini Cute Character Box Card Collection!
The stamp & die sets in this range allow you to create a 3D box card, that opens up to reveal an amazing dimensional diorama scene – filled with the very cutest characters of course.
These sets have been designed to be easy-to-use – so no matter what your level of papercraft experience, you can craft fun cards with real wow factor! But you don’t have to take our word for it – take a look at this handy step-by-step guide to crafting Cute Character Box Cards to see for yourself!
What are Box Cards?
Box Cards are shaped like classic cards, but with an added level of dimension! The front of the card opens up to reveal a 3D box shape, filled with characters to create a beautiful scene.
Each set in the Cute Character Box Card Collection includes everything you need to build your box card, and fill it with adorable illustrated characters. You can colour and decorate your box card however you like, setting the sweetest scenes to celebrate birthdays, new arrivals and more!
And these clever box cards will fold flat so you can pop them in an envelope and send them off to brighten someone’s day!
How to create Cute Character Box Cards
We promised a step-by-step guide to creating your own Cute Character Box Cards and here it is! All you need is some sturdy Centura Pearl cardstock, a Gemini die-cutting machine and Spectrum Noir supplies to colour your scene!
- Using the template sheet included in the set cut out two ‘Box’ shapes from strong cardstock. Next, cut out one ‘Door’ shape in the same cardstock. The blue lines marked on the template show the score lines, score and burnish these
- Take one of the Box shapes you’ve just cut out, and using the Aperture Die from the set, roll through your die-cutting machine to cut a large window into the large panel.
- Apply strong adhesive, such as Red Liner Tape or Extra Strong Glue Tape Pen, to the tabs on all of your panel shapes.
- Adhere the Door panel tab to the Box panel with the aperture cut into it. Affix the tab of the aperture panel to the second Box panel – so it looks like the image on the right.
- Finally, adhere the last tab to the back of the aperture panel – ensuring the door is sandwiched in between as shown in the image to the right
- Using the scene dividers on the template sheet, trace and cut one of each. The blue lines indicate your score lines, score and burnish these.
- Appy strong adhesive to the tabs on your dividers and stick them to the inside of your box. Ensure you space your dividers evenly to create an even perspective.
- Stamp, colour and die-cut your characters and elements for your scene
- Adhere your characters and elements to the dividers in any arrangement you like.
- Decorate your box and scene to suit and you will have created a Cute Character Box Card!
Take a look a the full range!
There are three sets to choose from in the Cute Character Box Card Collection:
Wonderful Woodland Box
In the Wonderful Woodland set, you will receive 28 stamps and dies to create an absolutely adorable woodland glade. It’s filled with sweet deer, bunnies and foxes, plus floral embellishments and sweet sentiments such as ‘So Happy For You’ and ‘You are so Wonderful.’
Birthday Bears Box
In the Birthday Bears set you will receive 17 stamps and dies to create a the cutest birthday party. It features cuddly bears, balloons, cake and more! Also included are a range of celebratory sentiments such as ‘Let’s Celebrate!’ and ‘Yay it’s party time!’ – so you can make the birthday girl or boy feel extra special on their big day.
Box Filled with Glitter
In the Filled with Glitter set, you will receive 27 stamps and dies to create an enchanting fairytale scene. Filled with a cute fairy, magical unicorn, plus sweet toadstool and butterfly embellishments and cute sentiments such as ‘Believe in Yourself’ and ‘Have a Magical Day.’
We can’t wait to see what you make with this cute collection – make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.