How to craft your own Christmas gift wrap
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Personalise your presents with handmade wrapping paper this Christmas! This is a quick and easy craft project that everyone can get stuck into.
With just a few tools you can create something really special, that can’t be found in the shops, So, whether you’re a beginner crafter, fancy trying something different or want to enjoy some family Christmas crafting – this is the project for you!
You will need:
- Brown craft paper
- Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick Dry Inkpad in your chosen colour or colours!
- Crafter’s Companion Stamping Platform
- A festive stamp or two – we’ve used stamps from the Christmas Front and Back Character Gift Tag Glad Tidings set
- A craft mat or stamping mat
How to craft gift wrap:
Using a stamp to create unique and customised Christmas gift wrap is a fun and accessible craft project! All ages and abilities can have fun choosing stamps and covering the paper in fun and festive designs.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create professional looking wrapping paper.
- Flip your stamping platform over so that the feet are pointing upwards.
- Take your chosen unmounted stamp or stamps and arrange them on the surface. The stamps should self-cling straight away.
- Take your inkpad or inkpads and add a good coating over the surface of each stamp.
- Gently flip the stamping platform onto its right side and position the feet above your material.
- Press down on to the stamping platform firmly, making sure to apply an even pressure across the surface. Release the pressure to allow the platform to lift from the material, revealing your print below.
- Repeat the process to cover your paper in festive designs!
- To change stamps turn the stamping platform over, peel your stamp from the surface and replace with a different design. You can use as many different stamp designs as you like to fill your wrapping paper in an entire stocking stuffed with Christmas characters!
We’ve used a dark inkpad colour to show up the details of our sweet nutcracker character. Spectrum Noir’s range of Harmony Quick Dry Inkpads come in a whole rainbow of colours – so you can go as bright and bold as you like. And why not add some seasonal sparkle with Midas Metallic Inkpads from Spectrum Noir!
We can’t wait to see your merry makes! So, make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion