How to craft customised cuddly friends with Threaders Teddy Templates
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
With the Threaders Teddy Bear Templates anyone can stitch the sweetest stuffed animals – complete with customised outfits and accessories!
A personal and heartfelt gift for friends and family, why not try crafting a cuddly toy with this handy guide?
Threaders Teddy Bear Templates & Accessories
The Threaders Teddy Bear Templates and Accessories collection is a beginner-friendly soft craft range. It has all the templates, pattern pieces, fabric and embellishments you need to sew teddy bears, mice, rabbits, cats and dogs!
The Teddy Bear Sewing Template includes a re-useable template and step-by-step instructions to create a cute bear character. You can then choose from a range of add-on sets to transform your cuddly toy into different animals, and dress them in outfits!
Each character is cute and so easy to bring to life!
Customise your cuddly toy:
You can choose fabric in any colour, style or pattern to craft sweet dungarees, dresses and more for your little friends. The Teddy Bear Collection from Threaders has sets with templates to cut out and stitch a whole wardrobe of clothes – plus extra ears to transform your teddy into a different animal.
- Teddy Bear Outfits – Set 1: Pattern pieces to create a dress, shorts a summer top and bow. Plus templates for mouse ears and rabbit ears – to create sweet mice and bunnies!
- Teddy Bear Outfits – Set 2: Pattern pieces to create a waistcoat, shorts and dungarees. Plus cat eats, dog ears a fish and a bone to create the cutest kitties and puppies!
- Teddy Bear Accessories Pack: A 30-piece set of eyes, noses and wooden buttons. Everything you need to bring your new friend to life!
What you’ll need:
- A Teddy Bear Template set to create the base body and head of your character
- Your chosen Outfits Set if you want to create a different animal or add an outfit
- The Teddy Bear Accessories pack to add eyes, noses and embellishments
Fabric in your chosen colours, there are sets designed to be used with this range:
- The Threaders Neutral Hues 3-Piece Half Metre bundle. 100% cotton in three shades of cream, grey and brown
- The Threaders Pretty Pastels 3-Piece Half Metre Bundle. 100% cotton in three pastel shades
- Fabric scissors or a rotary cutter
- Heat erase pen
- Sewing machine or basic sewing kit
- Standard soft toy stuffing
How to craft a teddy:
With step-by-step instructions included and easy-to-follow templates these sets can be picked up and used by any level of crafter! Here’s some simple instructions to get you started:
- Choose your templates and pattern pieces and lay them out onto your chosen fabric
- Next, trace around the shapes using a heat erase pen
- Cut out each piece and stitch together – seam allowances are included in the templates so there’s no measuring needed! Leave a small gap for the stuffing
- Next, fill with standard toy stuffing and stitch up any gaps
- Finally, attach eyes, noses, wooden buttons and a sweet sewn smile!
Follow the same instructions to cut out and stitch together your stylish outfits and ears!
Now all you have to do is choose which match your favourite character to the perfect outfit and accessories!
We can’t wait to see your sewing makes! So, make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion