How to craft a door hanger with the Sara Signature Country Lane Collection
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Breathe fresh air and springtime colour into your home with a cute door hanger created with the Sara Signature Country Lane Collection. This papercraft range encourages makers of all abilities to celebrate the glory of the natural world through cardmaking and crafts.
Whether you’re crafting for yourself, or looking to make a sweet handcrafted gift for friends or family this step-by-step guide has everything you need to know!
Whether you’re a total beginner or just can’t wait to get crafting with this charming craft collection, readon for easy to follow instructions…
You will need:
- Sara Signature Country Lane Collection
- Corner Rounder
- Gemini Stitched Circle Nesting Dies
- Foam Pads
- Finger Lift Tape
- Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- White card
- Spectrum Noir Classique Markers in your chosen shades
- Finesse Alcohol Proof Inkpad – Noir Black
- Rock-a-Block stamping system
Step by step instructions
- Cut out a piece of card to measure 8″ x 4″. Cut a piece of green Linen Card to measure
7 ¾” x 3 ¾”. Choose a piece of patterned paper and cut a piece measuring 7.5″ x 3.5″. Round the corners of each piece.
- Use the Gemini Nesting Circles Die set and Gemini Die Cutting Machine to die cut a circle measuring 2″ diameter through each card and paper layer. Cut near to the top of the shape to create the ‘hanger’ element. If you’re new to die cutting, don’t worry! Just follow the instructions included with your Gemini machine.
- Layer up your pieces, largest to smallest to create stepped frame effect (this is called matting) and adhere together
- Die cut a circle frame from White Card using your Nesting Dies and adhere around the aperture
- Using Rock-a-Blocks and the Finesse Alcohol Proof Inkpad, stamp the door and stone archway elements from the Garden Gateway set onto white card
- Add colour using Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and cut out using the corresponding dies and Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- Repeat the process to stamp, colour and die cut pot plant elements from the Perennials in Pots Stamp & Die set and a lamp from the From Dusk til Dawn Stamp & Die set.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Live, Love Grow set and die cut with a small Circle Nesting Die
- Die cut and create your flowers using the Perfect Peony die set and Flower Forming Foam. Poke a hole in the centre to add your Stamens
- Arrange your elements on to your door hanger and adhere into place to complete.
You’re done! Time to give your house a springtime makeover with your stunning new door hanger. Top tip: You can add any sentiment you like to customise your door hanger to the occasion or recipient. Why not make a few?
With rustic cottage windows and doors, heirloom-style embellishments, 3D peonies and dreamy watercolour florals you can do so much more with the Sara Signature Country Lane Collection.
We can’t wait to see your Sara Signature Country Lane makes! Share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion