Charismatic cards with the Cascading Alphabet Dies
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Nothing shows you care quite like creating cards that are personal to the recipient. You could include their name in the design or a meaningful word or sentiment, but simply writing it on to the front of card could look a little bland. To add that exciting edge to your personalised cards, try the Cascading Alphabet Dies from Gemini Expressions.
These sets of dies will help you to create letters that look like they’re tumbling across the front of your cards. Don’t worry, there are absolutely no craft knives involved and you won’t have to do any fiddly cutting to create cards that look this incredible! These dies do almost all of the work for you – you simply need to arrange and adhere your card to your liking!
All you need to do is:
- Cut your card or paperstock to measure the same width as your card blank and the open end of the decorative-edged die (4.25″ or 108mm).
- Place the last letter of your word/sentiment into the designated slot on the decorative-edged frame die.
- Place the dies at one end of the cardstock strip, sandwich them in between cutting plates and run it through the die-cutting machine. Repeat for each of your chosen letters.
- Assemble the card using the examples as a guide, trimming vertical slices from the left-hand edge of each of the cardstock layers to create a cascading effect. Use 3D foam pads or 3D glue to add extra dimension
We just know you’ll love the Cascade Alphabet Dies as much as we do. There are so many beautiful effects that can be achieved with them, so give them a go and see what you can come up with!
We hope this post has given you a bit of inspiration, so we’d love to see your cascading card creations on social media. Share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.