3 easy crafts to celebrate the 4th of July
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
If you’re celebrating the independence of America this 4th of July then don’t forget to decorate your home! From bunting to door wreaths and more, you can decorate your home in full patriotic red, white and blue with these 3 easy crafts.
Follow along below to create our favourite red, white and blue decorations.
Pom Pom Wreath
There’s no better way to decorate your front door than with a wreath! From Christmas to Easter, Autumn and more, there’s always an occasion for a wreath, so why not create your own to celebrate Independence Day?
You will need:
- Crafter’s Companion Pom Pom Maker 4pk
- A wreath base (this can be a metal ring, MDF or card)
- Red, white and blue wool
- A hot glue gun
Creating your pom poms
1. Pick up your pom pom maker and open it so both halves are showing.
2. Take some wool in your chosen colour and wrap it around half of the tool until it is thick. Repeat the process on the other half of the pom pom maker until both halves are fully covered.
3. Take your scissors and cut the end of the wool, ensuring there’s enough left over at the end to tie around the pom pom. Close your tool together to create a full sphere and clip it in place.
4. Next, cut down the centre of your pom pom maker so that the pom pom starts to take shape. Repeat this on the other side.
5. With the leftover strand from earlier, wrap it around the centre then tie a knot to secure it in place.
6. Remove your full and finished pom pom from the tool and trim it until it is a perfectly round circle.
7. Repeat these steps continuously with all colours of wool, until you have enough to fully cover your wreath base. All that’s left to do now is stick each fluffy ball to your base until it’s complete!
Red, White and Blue Bunting
We recently created this bunting back in May to celebrate the King’s Coronation, but thanks to the patriotic colours, it’s perfect for your 4th July celebrations too!
You can make your bunting as detailed or simply as you like, and all you need is some coloured multipurpose card, a sentiment stamp and a few other little bits.
Check out our step-by-step guide here to get started.
Pom Pom Stick
If you follow Sara on Instagram, then you may have seen her create these crafty pom pom sticks that are perfect to dot around the home for national celebrations.
To create your pom poms, simply follow the steps above in our wreath guide then glue them to a stick using your hot glue gun, with a few additional strands of wool below.
It really is that simple!